- Department: Finance
- Location: Reno, NV
- Posted: 06/27/22
Our Candidate Search
Basin Street is looking for a senior financial analyst to join our Reno, Nevada office. We are a Real Estate focused Private Equity firm with a successful 45+ year history. The current portfolio holds more than $1 billion in assets and is growing. Our investment strategy primarily focuses on value-add acquisitions as well as ground-up development and requires a self-motivated team player who can help the company continue to grow its portfolio. The role will be a hybrid of investment analysis and corporate finance. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, highly organized, diligent, creative, and focused self-starter with a polished professional demeanor.
· Develop and maintain complex financial models analyzing both asset specific and portfolio wide NOI, cashflow, and valuation.
· Assist with preparation and execution of property and partnership business plans
· Assist with debt financing for acquisitions and refinances for existing partnerships
· Provide ad hoc analysis and support for acquisitions, repositions, and dispositions.
· Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements for internal stakeholders and investors.
· Act as a finance liaison between Leasing, Property Management, and Accounting to develop and improve upon internal processes and to ensure accurate and timely data.
· Develop and maintain a financial ecosystem across multiple systems: SQL, PowerBI, Excel, rBudget, Argus, & Sage.
· Review property financials, rent rolls, and other related reports.
· Ability to complete tasks ranging in difficulty with minimal instruction or oversight
· Provide additional analytical support throughout the organization with an emphasis on accuracy and process improvement.
· Highly motivated, highly detailed, exceptionally organized, diligent, creative, and focused self-starter.
· Must have excellent Excel skills and be strongly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, etc.)
· General computer proficiency and strong computer skills. Sage, ARGUS, rBudget, SQL, and VBA knowledge a plus.
· High level of accuracy, efficiency and great attention to detail
· Great analytical and problem-solving skills
· Exhibit exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (Speaking, listening, and writing, which includes spelling and grammar accuracy)
· Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
· Polished and professional demeanor
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably Finance/ Economics/ Accounting
· Minimum 3-5 years of analyst experience in Finance or related field
· Exempt position
· Not a supervisory role
· Full time position, Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm
· Must legally be allowed to work in the U.S.
· Please provide salary requirements in order to be considered for this position
· Full time employees are eligible to participate in company benefits
· Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Reno, NV 89501: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Analyst: 3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 3 years (Preferred)
- Financial analysis: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location