- Department: Accounting
- Location: Reno, NV
- Posted: 05/16/22
Our Candidate Search
We are seeking a seasoned Property Manager to join our Sacramento Property Management team to manage and oversee a portfolio of Class A commercial office properties. Candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of property management and operations in an office setting. Salary is DOE.
· Manage all day-to-day operations of the portfolio. Assist in developing and implementing action plans that will achieve or surpass management objectives and maximize the asset value of each property.
· Work closely with the Company’s maintenance/building engineering, construction, leasing, and accounting departments.
- Foster and maintain positive tenant relations through regular site visits, tenant meetings, and response to inquiries and work orders. Must be able to clarify issues, identify solutions, and communicate needs to staff and management and provide follow up, as necessary.
- Manage building expenses against annual budget to meet or exceed expectations.
- Leasing responsibilities include the renewal of existing tenant leases for assigned properties under the direction of the VP of Leasing.
- Consistently meet or exceed customer service expectations.
· Accounts receivable – Monitor aging reports and ensure timely rent collections which include follow up on delinquencies, eviction notices, and preparation of late fees.
· Review and approve all invoices related to the portfolio of properties.
· Visit properties on a regular basis. Coordinate and manage vendor relationships, including managing service levels, participating in and documenting walk-throughs, and reviewing vendor contacts annually for competitiveness in the market.
· Facilitate risk management by identifying and addressing issues and problems relating to life safety, liability and potential negligence situations that would impact the company, its contractors, tenants and/or customers
· Develop building safety/evacuation procedures and educate tenants.
· Obtain and monitor insurance certificates from tenants and vendors.
· Detailed knowledge of lease agreements. Monitor tenant compliance and resolve problems and concerns.
· Organize and oversee capital budgets including renovations and major repairs & maintenance projects for assigned properties.
· Prepare annual operating budgets, operating expense estimates, and annual operating expense reconciliations for all properties within the portfolio.
· Oversee the preparation of various financial reports pertaining to variance analysis, rent roll review, and other relevant reporting information.
· Other duties as assigned including special projects as requested by management.
· At least five years of experience in Commercial Property Management, including supervisory experience
· Bachelor Degree from a four-year College or University and/or CPM/RPA designation is preferred
· Experience preparing annual budgets and operating expense reconciliations
· Lease Administration experience
· Project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
· Strong leadership skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
· Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
· Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and editing skills
· Superb attention to detail
· Strong math and analytical skills
· Strong visual design acuity
· Ability to plan, organize and efficiently manage time and tasks
· Strong consultative skills with the proven ability to influence others
· Self-starter able to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to facilitate positive working relationships with tenants, vendors, co-workers and management
· Strong proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
· Valid Real Estate License or the desire to obtain one
· Must be able to pass a background screening
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
· Must have valid driver’s license
Work Environment and Physical Demands
· Professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
· Active working role: standing, walking property, some sitting, administrative desk duties, and supply maintenance which will require the ability to lift files and supplies, open cabinets, bend, crouch, stand, and walk
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sacramento, CA 95815: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Commercial Property Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- Lease Administration: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Driver’ Licenses (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location