- Department: Property Management
- Location: Sacramento, CA
- Posted: 09/20/21
We seek an Assistant Property Manager for our Property Management team who is not only a well-organized professional with a great customer service attitude, but capable of handling multiple tasks at once while meeting multiple goals and deadlines.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the day-to-day administration and implementation of those policies, procedures and programs that will ensure well managed and well-maintained properties. The APM will be assigned to specified action areas at the discretion of the PM so as to best meet the needs of the portfolio.
· Assists with overseeing and coordinating property management, maintenance, and construction activities associated with commercial tenants.
· Responsible for the prompt and positive response to requests from tenants, for the implementation of ongoing contract programs, to constantly assess tenant needs and to assure problems are being solved promptly, and to the mutual benefit of the tenant and properties, including preparing, dispatching and tracking tenant work orders.
· May be engaged in the selection of contract services, vendor negotiations for service agreements and day-to-day monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the respective service agreements, including Certificates of Insurance.
· May assist the PM in preparing budgets, annual operating expense reconciliations, timelines and business plans to meet property management requirements.
· Assist in the accounting process which may include, but is not limited to, completing property management / accounting forms as required, coding invoices, reviewing A/R reports, and assisting in the collection of rents.
· May perform daily and monthly property inspections at the direction and guidance of the PM.
· Involved in the administration of all tenant leases to assure full compliance with lease provisions, including Certificates of Insurance.
· Answers telephone, screens calls, transfer callers to voice mail, or take messages to facilitate communications and contacts.
· Participate in various meetings and training activities as designated by the PM or higher-level management.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to handle general administration of the property in the absence of the PM, or when otherwise called upon.
- Strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to produce communications and other materials that are effective and of a professional nature.
- Computer proficiency with strong knowledge of MS Word and Excel, and the ability to learn new and business specific software programs as needed. Timberline experience is a plus.
- Self-starter with strong organization and problem-solving skills. Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities
- Ability to deliver superior customer service to tenants and clients.
- Ability to maintain an approachable, friendly demeanor when working with competing priorities and demands.
- Must also be able to develop effective working relationships with vendors, contractors, and tenants.
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum 3 – 5 years previous property/facilities management experience
· Experience in and working knowledge of business/office administration
· Valid Drivers’ License
Work Environment and Physical Demands
· Professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
· Mainly sedentary role though some filing and supply maintenance requires the ability to lift files and supplies, open cabinets, bend, crouch, stand, and walk